In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Turkey Day

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day.

Now, I know some people get their panties in a knot over the holiday, since there's so much political garbage associated with how the nation started; but I really don't give a rodent's fanny about such things.

The United States is a miracle. If you throw all the crap away, and look at what it took to survive when the Pilgrims landed, our lives of energy through wires, and pipes; food for just about everyone with enough sense to find it; modern medicine; shelter from the elements; and the liberty that's more precious than many understand, there are few that understood what it took to survive in the beginning.

For those all butt-hurt about the holiday: Turn off your lights, shut down the heat, don't eat for the next 36 hours, and wallow in your self-righteous pity. You have much to be thankful for, and should celebrate your blessings. I'd rather tell you to blow out your ear, but I decided to be polite with this post.

7 comments:

  1. Hope your Thanksgiving is a good day for you, Jess. May you be well and truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I feasted, enjoyed good company, and rested, when it was over.

      I hope yours was, too.

      Delete
  2. It is my hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Jess, as well as our other friends here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed. It was good, and I hope you had a very blessed day.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Jess. I couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was good, and I hope your's was better.

      Delete