In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Presidential Qualifications

We've had few Presidents that were qualified. While the founders fought a brutal war to secure their liberty, those that didn't live during that struggle have increasingly been isolated from those that pay their way, and insure their safety.

With the above in mind, I think the following are one week of labor requirements before a candidate can run for President:

- Pulled concrete on a paving crew
- Cleared fence rows
- Dug fence posts.
- Carried shingles to a roof.
- Carried bricks for a bricklayer.
- Placed underground conduit.
- Worked as a welder helper.
- Stacked cement on pallets.
-  Hand dug pipe for a water line.
- Spent a week in a combat zone

These are only a few I can think of off the top of my head. I invite readers to add to these requirements.

A President should have empathy, and a goal to represent those all decisions affect. While an ivy league education has prestige, it doesn't address the daily chores of those that foot the bill. Liberty, without excessive taxes, or regulations, is something that demands those chosen for leadership can understand, and cherish.

I'm adding to this post, as suggestions arrive. 

- Work in a clinic, an ER, or a hospice. 

6 comments:

  1. I agree with Ed :)
    Speaking of fences... I still haven't put repaired the two privacy fence panels that fell (back in jan or feb?)... it's been too wet. I did manage to unearth the shared post that had broken off and is encompassed in a 50lb cement plug. That was fun for this life-long pencil pusher. Now my right knee and neck have been singing "Hail to the Chief" since Saturday. Yes, I "swore" myself in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you. My knees - which I thought would last forever - joined my hips in proclaiming being ten feet tall, and bullet proof, was only a figment of my imagination.

      Delete
  2. you should add they need to work a week in a medical facility...don't care what kind...clinic, ER in medium size city, or nursing home. Would help give insight into the healthcare mess. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. Medical professionals deal with things not for the faint of heart. Only one impacted bowel would reduce most people to tears. Restraining a frequent flyer would lead to a concealed carry, and a baby with a 106 fever would break a heart.

      Delete
  3. Mike Rowe for President

    ReplyDelete