In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Silly Imbeciles

When I was working, I had the option to decide working hours. I would, and adjust the hours to take advantage of the amount of daylight. In the summer, we'd go to work an hour earlier than what was considered the normal starting hour. This would allow an extra hour of work in the cooler temperatures, and an hour less in the intense heat. In the winter, I'd adjust them again to take advantage of the lesser hours of daylight. This allowed the maximum amount of working time in the shorter days. 

When you think about it, the concept of Daylight Saving Time is the silly creation of imbeciles. There is no other way to describe the action, and no rational way to explain the work of those that can only cause harm with their stupid ideas. 


5 comments:

  1. Exactly the way I feel about the idiocy of Daylight Savings Time !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it's been going on for so long, most people just shrug their shoulders and never think of how ridiculous it is.

      Delete
  2. I like Standard Time. And no one can talk me out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it was a bow to the rec industry, to give more daylight hours in the evening for ballgames, golf, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a soccer dad say he liked the extra time in the evening so he could go to the games. Since the marvels of electric lighting have been introduced, his explanation makes even less sense.

      Delete