- Cloudy, still mornings. The lingering smoke of burning leaves wafting in the first stirrings of a gentle breeze.
- Warm kitchens with the bustle of preparing a feast.
- The hugs and smiles of distant relatives.
- Children laughing.
- Sharing thoughts.
- The mellow burn of brandy.
- Tastes, and smells that only fit one day of the year.
- Short, peaceful naps.
- Crisp late Autumn afternoons with cirrus clouds and the brilliant rainbow of a sun dog.
- Quiet moments of introspection.
- Gathering pieces of the past.
- Reluctantly ending the day and closing the box of memories until next year.
In Case You've Wondered
My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.
If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com
One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.
I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.