In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, November 11, 2011

Conversations With Veterans

I've had many conversations with veterans about their time serving the country. Some of the conversations have led to stories that include incidents of being stabbed in the leg by a "dead" enemy soldier and a night in a fire base during the Tet Offensive. They were close to death, while the majority of citizens they were serving slept in a warm bed and carried on with their lives.

So, today is their day and it's a good thing to thank them for their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment