In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Never Ending Pit

Hurricane Harvey caused a tremendous amount of damage last year. With rainfall amounts over 4 feet, and some over 5 feet, the flooding left property devalued, and some worthless. That's a loss some people can't ever recover from, and those that did are now facing something else: higher taxes.

Some local communities, since they are dealing with devalued property value, are contemplating tax increases to keep their revenue at the point they wish. Meanwhile, those that don't need another cost increase, are still dealing with damage, are waiting for new flood plain rules, and maybe on a fixed income, may be forced to accept another hit to their income.

Disasters are always bad news. Adding the disaster of higher taxes is unconscionable. Those willing to add harm to those that pay their salaries are useless pukes, in my opinion. There are too many taxes, too many moochers, too many bureaucrats and too small of a crowd to gather some of them up for a tar and feather party. If they keep this up, that will probably change.

1 comment: