In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Back in the Cone

 Hurricane Delta, which is hoped to not make it past the 95th parallel, was a miss up to this afternoon. The morning data showed us out of the cone, and the updated data put us in. Now, with the constant uncertainty of how the steering currents will react, I'm watching this storm very closely. It was already a certainty the area hit by Laura would have some impacts from the storm, and with the westward shift, it could pass nearly over the same track. 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Overnight, the edge of the cone moved 50 miles to the east. I had a feeling it would, but there's no guarantee with a hurricane. The focused track is only a few miles from the track of Laura, which means the same areas recovering will have insurance adjusters back in a few days, more work, and more heartbreak.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete