In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Sultry Misery

We've had excessive heat warnings for days, and more to come. The mornings are in the upper seventies, the humidity is a wet blanket, and doesn't go down much during the day. Heat indexes are in the triple digits, which means sweat doesn't dry and the lack of evaporation leads to body temperatures in the dangerous level. 

This will eventually change, and according to the weather folks, we'll transition into a pattern of increasing thunderstorms. The intensity is the question, but some think we'll be exposed to those with hail and high winds. Time will tell, but the heat is drying everything to the stress point. Without water, we'll be getting burn bans, and wildfires started by those that ignore the burn bans. 

4 comments:

  1. Well---yeah.
    It's summer in S. Texas.
    The only difference I notice this year is the humidity in Seguin.
    If it was in Port A and had the gulf breeze, it would be tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is. I'm too far north of P.A. to get much cooling from the gulf breeze, but after living in P.A., I'll take the heat.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I like the cold, too. Not too cold, or icy, but a brilliant winter day with temperatures in the low forties is wonderful to experience.

      Delete