In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, July 24, 2026

A President's Library With Mechanics Liens

There is an enormous amount of unpaid debt to contractors that built the Obama Library. Illinois allows the auction of property to satisfy liens. Whether that happens is to be seen, but even if it does, what would anyone do with such a large ugly structure without any real use? It's a mess, and those that trusted the general contractor are out of luck, can only file liens, and hope for a return of pennies on the dollar, if bankruptcy is the final result. 

8 comments:

  1. Those contractors probably fought to get those jobs.

    Because they truly believed in the 'Lightbringer' and they thought (aside from getting paid) that they'd be able to use that as some kind of status for future bids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, if not most, were DBE contractors given contracts regardless of experience, or expertise. My experience shows they are problematic, can have poor business acumen, and many times leave suppliers with large, unpaid invoices.

      Delete
  2. Hah hahahaha! Grifters don't pay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were thinking it was like municipal contracts. Those pay more than the contracts after grift demands lucrative change orders.

      Delete
  3. No sympathy. They knew what he was and how he operates. He isn't the first demonrat to welsh on a contract.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might be astoundingly ignorant. DBE contractors are notorious for using the public purse without the skills, or experience. They think everything is great, until the snakes they deal with strike.

      Delete
  4. It would be highly entertaining if if was sold at auction. Would take awhile so the length of entertainment would be astounding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Televising that auction would have to be pay-for-view and the money made from the broadcast given to any charity not in Chicago.

      Delete