In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Waiting is the Hardest Part

My hernia surgery is scheduled for September 1. I wanted it sooner, but the surgeon is booked. While my hernia isn't a constant source of pain, I have good, and bad, days with on all days, I can feel it. I've found weed-whacking is hardest on the hernia, so that has to be metered out, instead of all on one day. Why this is so hard on the hernia is beyond my understanding. Lifting doesn't bother it at all. 

A brother-in-law found out his chest pain, and shortness of breath, will require a heart valve replacement. He's been haphazard with medication for his hypertension over the years, and it finally caught up with him. From what I know, that type of surgery has far fewer risks than even a decade ago, and after recovery, lead to decades of life afterward....if the patient is willing to go through the paces required to keep healthy habits. Whether that happens is to be seen. His siblings are worried. Me? Not really. It's up to him, and the wake-up call should be a stern warning. 

The heat has been steady, but the three digit highs have mostly been avoided. We're not in official drought, but if we don't get some substantial rain, we will be. The trees are already showing signs they're becoming stressed, and the yard is starting to have some dead spots. 

Local cities are making noises about budget shortfalls, and the possibility of tax increases. This translates into a guarantee of higher taxes, and with property values decreasing with age, and the fact people are moving out of the city limits, the main problem of excess spending will never be handled. All cities are run mostly by those that shouldn't be allowed to run a watermelon stand. 

The dog star is peeking above the horizon right before sunrise, so the dog days of summer are officially here. It won't be long before that real cold front passes through, and I can have some relief from the high electric bills that come during the summer.

Tomorrow morning early, I plan on cleaning my outside AC coils. Cutting the yard, and the dust it creates, have made the cleaning necessary. It shouldn't take long, and my air conditioner should be more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment