In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2017

I Think He's Crossed the Line

John McCain, according to news reports, is criticizing Trump's presidency, while overseas. While he has a right to his opinion, deliberately undermining the President in foreign countries is walking on the thin line between opinion, and sedition.

Personally, I see McCain as a career politician, who was groomed for politics by his family, and those in his party that like to orchestrate the control of the United States. His loyalty is to something other than the United States, and his current actions indicate he's willing to avoid constitutional processes to promote his personal agenda.

I don't know how this will turn out, but McCain's brand of Republican politics is not favored by the majority of those affiliated with the party. I feel his days are numbered as a political figure, his arrogance will lead to shameful behavior on his part, and his legacy will be further tarnished.

2 comments:

  1. "I don't know how this will turn out, but McCain's brand of Republican politics is not favored by the majority of those affiliated with the party."

    I'm not sure I agree with this, unfortunately. He certainly is out of step with true conservatives, but so are the republicans on many things. McCain needs to retire. He still hasn't gotten over that Trump line about him liking those not captured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In D.C., it probably doesn't fit, since the bureaucracy demands continuing the swamp; but the majority of the party is made up of those with a more conservative leaning.

      McCain could have bowed out years ago. Instead, his action led to many examining his past, where it's found he's not a conservative, is willing to sell his vote for political gain, and his military career has detractors that think he's far from a hero.

      Delete