In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Home Again

This is a photo from the end of my driveway. A thunderstorm was brewing, and the evening breeze was cool.


I'm home from Louisiana - for now. I hope I won't be called back, but will go if necessary.

I woke this morning, made some coffee, thought about breakfast, and made some S.O.S. For those that don't know what this is, it's browned pan sausage and cream gravy served on a biscuit.

We had a front overnight, so the temperature is in the fifties, and the clouds are still thick.

I plan on writing about my travels around where I was working in Louisiana. The surrounding area is interesting, full of history, and dynamics of commerce are well represented by what's there, what's gone, and what's just barely hanging on.

8 comments:

  1. The Mayor of New Orleans is doing all he can to eradicate history down there. I'm waiting for the next big hurricane to hit so I can sit back and watch the bastard get flooded out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mayor of New Orleans is a pinhead, much like all predecessors. Eliminating history is an indication of ignorance that knows no bounds.

      Delete
  2. SOS in the Navy is creamed chipped beef on toast. A daily offering each morning. It was better than the powdered eggs they served when at sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother would make it that way. After working offshore in the oil patch, I learned the way I like most, which is using pan sausage.

      Delete
    2. I loved SOS when I was shipboard. One thing you absolutely had to say about the gator navy, they were damned good hosts. Good food, good coffee, showers, comfortable racks. We were always glad to get back aboard ship.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. South, along the river between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. It's like no place I ever visited, and will take a long post to describe.

      Delete
  4. I look forward to those yarns. Dang, now I'm hungry for that breakfast (tho we always called 'S.O.S.' chipped beef on toast)

    ReplyDelete