In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Composites

We had a cold front yesterday evening. This morning revealed a perfect fall morning, with the temperature in the forties.

As I walked to my truck, Thanksgiving crossed my mind. We're planning on having it at the relatives, with the usual feast. We've had it there before, so I know it will be a special day.

My thoughts wandered to Thanksgiving over the years. The memories are many: chilly days, azure skies with mare's tail clouds, the aromas of Thanksgiving meals, and the people I shared the days with.

Things are different, yet the same. So many in the family are now gone, but there are always new relatives to share the day. That's what makes Thanksgiving special, and leads to the excitement while waiting for the day.

For all that read here, I hope your Thanksgiving Day is one of your best.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a blessed and happy Thanksgiving Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you find the contentment of a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. I have those same nostalgic memories from Thanksgivings past and loved ones no longer here except in spirit. But then I remember I have my first grandchild of 7 months celebrating her first Thanksgiving with gdpa! Life is good. Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete