In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Communicating Thoughts

The Federalists Papers were published under the name Publius in various newspapers. The essays were the thoughts of some of the founders of the United States, which eventually solidified into what we know as the Constitution of the United States. They were important to an experiment into a nation where individual liberty was more important than any government official, or agency. Even the President has no special consideration in our system, and if you've paid attention over the last few days, you know that's true. 

The most important thing about the Federalist Papers was that they were available. They could be read; unlike the censorship appearing by social media over the last few days. If the reason for this isn't apparent then understand without communication, all important ideas are as fruitful as a tree in the desert. That's why it's more than important to understand the local television station, radio, newspaper, national networks, social media platforms, and all other forms of communication taking part in censorship need to be taken to task. There are other ways to find information, and it's best to avoid the outlets that are part of censorship by intention, or outright ignorance. They are not there to help, and they are as dangerous as the propaganda outlets of the Communist nations.  

4 comments:

  1. We need to understand the technicalities and legalities of what is involved. The crux of the issue is whether or not the social media are platforms or publishers. If they are publishers, they can legally censor anyone they want, up to and including the POTUS. But then they are liable for their content. If they are ruled as platforms or public spaces... then no private censorship is allowed and all speech is protected under the first Amendment unless it breaks clearly spelled out law. Either way the tech oligarchs are screwed and the only winners are the users. Until that gets resolved it is what it is.

    For political issues get on Alt Tech platforms like Gab and learn how to use it. Gab is a free speech platform. You will have to be mature enough to handle people that are obviously loons, or may not agree with you. But... you will be informed and you will see the stuff the mainstream is trying to suppress. You will find people intelligent enough to discuss it.

    If you absolutely have to use twiiter or Bookface, confine your usage to mundane stuff like the kids birthday parties, vacation pics, and family friendly stuff that you can’t do somewhere else. We’re it me... I’d just abandon it. Those platforms are run by psychotics and nutters and they’ll only end one way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted my facehitler account months ago. According to them, it's gone completely, but I doubt it. They're Marxists looking for people to silence.

      Delete
    2. I believe they still have it too. I deleted mine in 2006 and I got notifications for years that I could reactivate in with only my old password. I am glad I never really posted much on it.

      Delete
  2. I have seen lots of folks talking about alternative communications recently. Looks like we're headed down a dark path.

    ReplyDelete