In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, October 18, 2024

The Fiction of Reality

I've watched multiple "reality" programs on the television. They can be interesting, but they aren't reality. 

Boat skippers, and crew, being paid to be on television don't have the same financial concerns of those that don't. That, and those thinking they should also try the same endeavor have a tendency to cause problems with fishing limits, and yields.

Regardless of how portrayed, few people have a few hundred thousand to remodel a home overpriced at a few hundred thousand. That, and few envision an entertainment space of a thousand square feet for entertaining. Most people just want the opportunity to own their own home, but can't afford a note that's more than half of what they make...if they can even get financing for that endeavor. When you add the taxes, heating costs, and insurance to these "Taj Mahals" of fantasy, reality goes out the window.

There are more "reality" shows, but they're all entertainment. Reality is much tougher and restrained by considerations most people face. The drama showed, and obvious retakes, or staging, of actual events, is not reality, and never will be. I can write that those that hold the camaras, feed the crews, take care of arrangements, direct or produce, and endure hours of boredom, are the reality stars. You seldom see them, and they're edited out of most productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment