In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fiscal Cliff

According to the media, we're teetering on the "fiscal cliff". At the end of the year, due to automatic tax hikes and supposed spending cuts, the economy will become a bigger mess and the supposed recovery will stop.

Personally, I haven't seen any change in the economy. In fact, due to increased prices and costs, I've been sliding backwards for a few years. My wages stalled years ago, yet everything I buy is more expensive.

Government employment is around 4%, while the private sector is still at a reported 7.7%, which I suspect is a boilerhoused number. Otherwise, those that depend on the productivity of individuals are enjoying a better economy due to the increased spending/stealing of government entities. This isn't good.

So, things aren't forecast to be very good after the first of the year. From my perspective, things haven't been good for a long, long time.

2 comments:

  1. We worked hard, lived below the standards and did without in order to prepare for our future. The stock market flushed my retirement and now our fixed income is going to be FIXED but good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see much of an opportunity to retire. I'll work until I'm unable to do my job.

    Meanwhile, I watch peers retire in their mid fifties, since they work for a government entity. They've gone back to work somewhere else and will double dip if they work long enough.

    ReplyDelete