In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial

I'm not a veteran. I never served in the armed forces, so I only have a glimpse of what they face.

I've been away from home, had things happen I had no control over, and suffered with worry until I was home in a relatively short period of time. It was nothing like what our armed forces face, when they're thousands of miles from home, everything turns to crap and they have to keep on doing what they're doing, in spite of the fact they've lost family, or their house burned down, or their spouse moved on....the list goes on forever.

When you add all the adversities life presents -  and death -  those that served were removed from all they loved, cherished, hoped for and were anticipating. They left this earth, while the problems continued and their family, and friends, were left with only memories; embellished by a loss that's too deep to express.

The loss of a loved one is never something to be taken lightly. The loss of a member of our armed forces accentuates the dangers the world presents and society can only observe the damage, without any real method to repair the damage. Those left behind only have fragments of their former life. They scrape up the pieces and try to put  it together again.

Honor those that left while serving this great nation. It's a tiny thing to do, when compared to their sacrifice.


2 comments:

  1. Never in the military here, either. But I damn sure appreciate the efforts others have made so that was a possibility. Certainly the veterans out there have earned our respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said.

    I cannot imagine the sacrifices made, and am humbled by those who serve.

    ReplyDelete