In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, May 18, 2017

So...We Have a Special Council

Robert Muellor was appointed as special council to investigate the suspected link between the Trump campaign, and Russia. That, and anything else that happens to pop up during the investigation. The latter is where the fun starts.

I was around during the Watergate fiasco, and once owned the book "The Right, and the Power -The Prosecution of Watergate" by Leon Jaworski. It's an interesting read, and would probably have been a good reference before the Democrats started clamoring for a special prosecutor. That, and reading about Koreagate, which Jaworski also investigated. Some of the loudest may find the investigation wandered into their own little corner of the corruption, and suddenly realize they not only exposed, criminal charges may soon follow.

So, here we go again. Days, weeks, months, years of conjectured, meddling, constant theories about the investigation from those subpoenaed, absolutely no real news, and some revelations that will give many in Washington D.C. nightmares. This will be a long ride, but a good civics lesson.

7 comments:

  1. It is my fondest wish that the whole thing backfires and those who are so intent on getting rid of Trump will wind up having to explain their own behavior. I would buy a ticket to see that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fodder for the pundit industry.

      Delete
    2. I doubt the Democrats will be pleased, if the investigation turns over evidence Comey was playing on their side, and the evidence demands turning the information over to a grand jury.

      Delete
  2. I remember the Water Gate shenanigans too. Hopefully this time around it won't be such a circus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a circus, but those in the spotlight will be some of those that thought they got away with their crimes.

      Delete
  3. Liberal logic. We don't know if there is collusion unless we investigate our fertile imagination and desire that there is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you kidding? mueller used to work for comey, still hangs with the same people, same organizations. couldn't have picked a worse one to investigate comey's claims.

    ReplyDelete