In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Thinking About My Ancestors

Like most people, there is little known about my ancestors. While I can find names from a few generations back, I know nothing about the people, except what few conversations I had with my father. Other than a few photos, documents, and postcards, there is nothing to fill the vast blank pages documenting their lives. I know this is normal for most people, but it's still tragic in my mind. I would like to know more, but there is no more to find. In a way, time has erased their time on this planet, and the rich experiences of their lives are gone forever.

5 comments:

  1. Don't give up. Through old court documents found online, I learned that an ancestor (in the year 1620) that present family thought was a stellar citizen turned out to be a total jackass who was good at irritating his neighbors and was finally driven out of town! I have also learned lots of good stuff through online research. It is well worth the time involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look more into my ancestry. I'm sure there were some interesting characters.

      Delete
  2. I have often wondered why others are so interested in their heritage!
    Hunter Biden is a sad individual, but his earthly Father is a crook.
    He knows that and resorts to drugs to make himself feel human.
    My last name is uncommon enough that I suspect anyone with the same last name is "related". One of those "same last name" people signed the Declaration of Independence AND the Constitution of the United States, but does NOTHING to change my life much.
    So I try to make my life, and the life of others better.
    I hope I'm remembered well when I pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother died before I was three months old, and my father died when I was 32. I'd like to know more about them, and their parents.

      Delete
  3. I tried to write a little for my kids and tell them stories. Part of my record is my blog. So, there's that.

    ReplyDelete