In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Observations August 22, 2026

Some local communities are trying to deal with budget shortfalls, and old infrastructure. Of course, some much needed park improvements are underway, and the expensive trees they planted might not ever reach the point they destroy the roads adjacent to where they were planted. The lack of enough area under the canopies, and the lack of water are helping the brutal heat kill the trees. The leaders will vote on raising taxes. I have a feeling the votes will all be "yes", and the can will be kicked down the road with dead trees in the median.

Yesterday, my thermometer showed we reached 106F for a short period of time. NOAA data was probably around 101F for the day, but my readings are usually higher. Regardless, my A/C runs until late to compensate, and it's been like that for a week. Every day I've seen triple digit heat, and there's no real relief for the next few days. It's turning into a recipe for burn bans, which usually aren't placed until after some Bozo lights a brush fire, goes for lunch, and returns to find they've lit a few hundred acres into an inferno. With the woods turning into dry tinder, it's almost guaranteed to happen. 

I've had many things to write about, but when I stop to think about doing so, I realize it's reiterating thoughts from over a decade in the past. It's a shame the problems facing the United States are continuous, easily fixed, and will continue to after my time here is over. I feel for those just starting to face the world as an adult. Too many are woefully ignorant, easily fooled, and will vote themselves into tyranny. I hope I'm wrong, but there are too many indications that show I'm not. 

One thing is for sure: As long as I'm able to enjoy the quiet of the morning, sip coffee on the porch, and admire God's grandeur, I will do so. It's a blessing some may not understand, but for me, it's a time to reflect, and count my blessings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment