In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, February 9, 2015

Food Measuring

I despise the idea of food calorie measurement. Weight control is an easy task: If you eat too much, you get fat. If you eat too less, you get skinny.

I don't measure food. I eat what I want, watch my weight, and adjust accordingly. I don't figure ounces, count calories, or try to figure out such bizarre measurements, like a slice of bacon.

How thin of a slice? How much lean? How much fat? What brand? Smoked, cured, or not?

I'm sure there's some pogue sitting at a desk, determining such nonsense, and sending nasty letters to food producers, when the measurements don't fit some arbitrary quantity decided by a bureaucrat.

My solution to such things is to fire all of them, give everyone a tax break, and anyone that wants to watch their weight cans spend their own money on such horseshit.

Bleh!

11 comments:

  1. Jess, I would never say fuck you to you.lol! I know that we all have our different weather burdens that we deal with, it is just amazing how much snow we've had this year in such a short amount of time. I'll get through it nothing but a cold beer after a day of plowing snow shoveling working plowing snow shoveling etc. etc. Wash rinse repeat LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After dealing with the global warming you've been receiving, I wouldn't be surprised if you sent a few rounds in the direction of all of us folks complaining about the heat.

      Delete
  2. I also eat what I want and adjust accordingly. The problem is, I am running out of belt holes. Not really. That was for dramatic effect. But my weight does fluctuate up and down throughout the year using this method, and the belt holes all get their turn. They get played like a flute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at the point I need to buy a new work belt. The old one has too many holes, and looks like a dog's tongue on a hot summer day.

      Delete
  3. If you eat too much, you get fat. If you eat too less, you get skinny.

    Yes. And if you point out this simple fact to those who aren't interested in eating too less, you get an earful about their "metabolism."

    Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That or thyroid problems. Those thyroids have a hard time adjusting to super size meals, with a diet Coke.

      Delete
  4. I watch what I eat.
    Then I kill it and eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At lunch, if I watch what I eat, I might cause a wreck from my distracted driving.

      I long for the time, when I can enjoy a lunch like a civilized man.

      Delete
    2. Takes two hands to handle a Whopper. Or a taco supreme.

      Delete
    3. I've eaten both, while driving. It takes practice, and a bunch of napkins.

      Delete
    4. I've eaten both, while driving. It takes practice, and a bunch of napkins.

      Delete