In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's The Superbowl.

And I don't care. I'm not a sports fan. Not that I don't like sports, but I like participating. Always have, and swam competitively when I was young. I even played Little League baseball, plenty of vacant lot football and spent many a summer day running like a crazy striped tail critter. I can still complete a full day finishing concrete, which is a workout. ( If you don't believe this, I'll see you at the next pour)

Only one sport ever appealed to me to watch, and some don't call it a sport. That's professional boxing. Knowing the training involved, the punishment, and the heart required to win, it's something that appeals to me to watch.

So, I won't watch, but am glad for those that do the event. It's a day of companionship, friendly rivalry, and a reason to party....just be at work on time, and a hangover is no excuse for not being on top of your game.

6 comments:

  1. Meh. I don't care either. I'm in bed early. big storm tomorrow. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all over the news today. Bad plays, stupid calls, deflated balls and drunks.

      Delete
  2. no cable/sat here...so ya no game. hilarious to watch the reactions on FB tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it took up at least 90% of the kilowatts to run the servers.

      Delete
  3. I finally hit a Square and won $125.00. Woo hoo, buying gun parts today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the good part of the Superbowl...as long as you photocopy your squares before the game.

      Delete