In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Tug of Winter

The last two days could be described as wonderful summer days in colder climates. With temperatures in the fifties in the morning, and bluebird clear afternoons in the low seventies, glorious is the best description.

Today started with a solid deck of high cirrus clouds. They obscured the sun; the almost strange sky, when it's as though a solid coat of gray paint was painted on the inside of a globe.

The temperature stayed in the low seventies, and the clouds started developing a texture, with even mammatus cast against the solid cirrus deck. The approaching front is increasing the moisture, and the atmosphere has more to work with.

The sky is now filled with a solid deck of stratus, with a few low cumulus interspersed. An occasional rain drop foretells the rain even to start tonight. I strong front is coming, and Winter will appear again for a few days.

Around here, this is early Spring. The gray accentuates the patches of clover and dandelion. The green is brilliant in the dim light allowed by evening.

In a way, I really enjoy this time of year. It's so pleasant; and the temperature allows short sleeves, with sandals.

In another way, these days bring a foreboding. I know the brutal heat of Summer is approaching. The humidity will lead to days when the blistering heat isn't relieved by sweating. Every day is filled with misery on the construction project; and the long days lead to fatigue unrelieved by a long weekend of rest.

I'll take what I get, and not let the future days of heat occupy my mind. They'll do that more than enough in the near future. Until then, I'll sit on the back porch and relish the moments of peace.


3 comments:

  1. You paint such a beautiful picture that I wish I was there.

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize now that a smart guy like you, that works outside, is going to know the names of all the cloud structures that i guess at once in a while.
    like Jilly said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize now that a smart guy like you, that works outside, is going to know the names of all the cloud structures that i guess at once in a while.
    like Jilly said.

    ReplyDelete