In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

It's A Nice Change

Yesterday, the temperature reached the mid 80's. If the wind hadn't been blowing, the high humidity would have made the heat worse than it was. A front last night changed it for today.

This morning, I awoke to a temperature of the mid 50's and a strong north wind. The temperature only reached the upper 60's, so it was pleasant for working.

Tomorrow, the wind will shift to the east, the humidity will rise, and the temperature will soon rise again. Summer is coming, and these types of days will be gone until late October. I'll enjoy them while I can.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Snow down here is more than rare, and generally unwelcome after about 3 hours.

      Delete
  2. It is supposed to be in the 90s for the next few days and it is only early April! I predict a hot one for the desert this year. Worse part of the wind around here is the god damned pollen. My poor wife looks like I beat her up. Dark circles under the eyes, red nose from blowing it so much. She is staying in the house till the wind quits blowing. I have missed it being warm. My old desert rat ass needs warmth! take care, stand in the shade, stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oaks, and pines, were covering everything with pollen during the last few weeks. For those with allergies, it's been miserable.

      Delete
  3. "twas 51 degrees at the ranch yesterday morning when I got up. today, in McAllen, it is 76 with 74% humidity. Spring is over down here. I am glad to see it's still alive elsewhere in Texas; especially on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Year ago, I left Port Mansfield with my brother, and it was in the seventies. By the time we reached Bay City, there were icicles hanging from sign posts. I don't think it ever reached freezing in the valley.

      Delete
  4. It's still winter here. Ugh. Next month, maybe spring. Sheeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our winter is unique. Temperatures below freezing are seldom, and most of the winter can be spent with a light jacket, or heavy shirt.

    We pay for this during summer. The long spell of cooler temperatures is replaced with temperatures that don't dip below 80 overnight, and the humidity guarantees heavy sweating without relief.

    When it reaches the upper 90's, the heat can kill. It killed my brother, and after suffering heat exhaustion one afternoon, I know he faded quickly, and never knew what happened.

    ReplyDelete