In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, June 3, 2024

Cesspools of Society

 My opinion of all large cities is they are cesspools of society. Outlaying communities try to prevent the stench, but with the corruption, lack of accountability, and huge tax revenues provided by owners of large pieces of expensive real estate (who don't live there), the greed, and bureaucracy flourish. The cities turn into money pits for taxpayers, and the general public has no control of how money is spent. Ignorance abounds, since the long periods of corruption invited poverty, crime and organizations that prey on the ignorance for gain. 

Is there a cure? Nope, unless enough people push the state to step in to stop the corruption. That doesn't happen because state officials are generously compensated for their complacency. In the end, the rot destroys everything, and society is forced again to start over. That takes time, and that time is controlled by judges that really don't care about much of anything but keeping their place on the bench, regardless of the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. More than that, cities create "learned helplessness" in their residents. They're victim manufacturing centers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and they're expensive to maintain.

      Delete