In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Here I Go Again

About two months ago, I noticed a spot on my hairline that seemed to be either a bite, or a pimple. It didn't go away, and grew quickly. My wife noticed it last month. It was time to go see my dermatologist. They made a quick appointment, a biopsy was completed, and a week later, I was notified it was a fast growing squamous cell cancer. They also told me the surgeon to do the Mohs procedure would call for an appointment in about two weeks. Due to a cancellation, they had an opening, which is today. So, I go for another surgery, which usually means a long incision, stitches and a new scar, although my surgeon is good, and the scars are hardly noticeable. 

Leaving after the appointment always make me wonder what people think of the huge bandage that obviously shows something invasive was done. I wear it for 48 hours, and change to a regular large adhesive bandage until the stitches are removed. I don't like it, but it's better than the cancer. 

This time, the surgeon was adamant about not waiting longer than six weeks for the surgery. I don't know if that's normal or something else prompted the statement. I'll soon know. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. The procedure was a success, and I'll have another nifty scar in a few weeks.

      Delete
  2. Yeah....siin cancer sucks, but at least it is amenable to treatment, if fiund early. My poor wife has had a melanoma removed, a squamous cell removed and a Mohs for basal cell...all in the last year. But at least they got th entire cancer each time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's good about the Mohs procedure. They remove everything malignant and insure the complete removal in that area with slides for microscopic verification.

      Delete
  3. Here's hoping you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I usually do, and get use to my new face. It doesn't change much, but I can see the difference.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. The stitches are well closed now and the steri-strips are falling off. I'll have a three inch scar at my hairline, but if it's like the others, it will be mostly unnoticeable.

      Delete