In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, July 28, 2024

That Will Surely Help Their Cause

From what I've read, there was some type of show at the Olympics where drag queens recreated the last supper. I've also read the reception of this act isn't good, which I understand.

 Regardless of what a few hundred drag queens think, they're freaks at a freak show, insulting the faith of millions is guaranteed to demand accountability, and being public with behavior many find should only be  shown to willing adults is going to put a target on them. They've crossed the line, and I have no sympathy for those who become victims of the reaction. In fact, seeing them chased down the street in their high heels by a mob with pitch and feathers would be fine entertainment. Let the games begin.

8 comments:

  1. Somebody in high places knew they were going to do that and let it happen. As did the broadcasters.
    We wrestle not against flesh and blood but principalities of the air.
    HIgh places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and the United States would best serve their athletes by refusing to participate in the Olympics in the future. The U.S. can have its own, and only invite the countries that the voters allow.

      Delete
  2. Solution: don't watch, not a second of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit watching the Olympics about fifty years ago. It never interested me, and I think I only watched it then at my grandfather's house. He'd watch any sport, from golf to boxing.

      Delete
  3. I don't watch that stuff either. Need to go back to the original version, where the participants do their daily job then go to the games. No professional training involved just normal people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge industry. Financing is from donations, government and universities. Sponsors are not supposed to be involved, but cash can change hands without observation. All in all, it's a worthless time waster, in my opinion, but the games keep the plebes satisfied.

      Delete
  4. and kamelface said it was the best show she ever saw. not kidding.

    ReplyDelete