In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, July 29, 2024

Finally, We Have a Break

It rained over the last week. It wasn't torrential, but every day was around an inch of rain, and the final tally was over five inches. The ground is saturated, and puddles are standing where I've never seen puddles last more than a few hours. We did manage to cut some grass in the high spots, but the rest will need days of drying. 

The humidity will be high for the next few days. That, and the mosquitoes are already finding enough stagnating water to breed prolifically. Evenings outside will be on the "no" list, and mornings will require the sun to burn off the dew before venturing out in the yard. Unlike last Summer, where the pond dropped five feet, this year has had plenty of rain in July, which is normally a dry month. How August pans out is to be seen, but I have a feeling the first cold front will be welcome; especially if it brings some cool, dry, windy days to dry everything. 

4 comments:

  1. A snizzle of rain here, but for the most part we've got about six more weeks, then the beautiful weather returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're back in the typical Summer pattern. Morning brings some cumulo-stratus clouds, temperatures in the mid-seventies, and afternoons with some towering cumulus clouds, high humidity with temperatures in the mid-nineties. This will probably last into the middle of August, with some days accented with isolated thunderstorms. After that, it's a crapshoot between tropical cyclones and early cold fronts. I prefer the early cold fronts.

      Delete
  2. I just want 'something' to kill the #@$@#% mosquitoes... Grrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take a vitamin B complex supplement, which helps keeping them from biting. They still will swarm around me, but don't bite like when I don't take the supplement.

      Delete