In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, August 19, 2024

Hot Days

We've hovered officially around 100 degrees the last few days, but my thermometer not sanctioned by the weather wizards said we surpassed that mark when theirs said it was 98. Right, or wrong, the few degrees difference doesn't mean anything. It's supposed to be the same today, and tomorrow, but a front is supposed to lower the temperature a few degrees and lower the humidity. That will be good. Currently, with the high humidity, it's 81 degrees outside, and I doubt it goes down any further. A low 70's morning, with dry air, will be a pleasant relief.

I have to add that a complex of thunderstorms moved through Louisiana overnight, dissipated, and the clouds continued into our area. This lowered the high temperature to the mid nineties, which the searing sun, is a welcome relief, except for the high humidity. This cloud cover should allow a pretty moonrise a little after sunset. I'll make me some coffee, sit on the porch, and enjoy the view.

2 comments:

  1. We are visiting our son just North of Nashville, TN.
    He's now lived here 3 years and just saw 102 on his car thermometer yesterday... the highest temp he's seen since moving here.
    Remember... it's why the Lord invented air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked for years in the heat, and when a child, we didn't have air conditioning.

      As an adult, I spent a few years living in an apartment without air conditioning. A window unit my dad helped me repair offered a refuge for sleeping during the hot months.

      Delete