In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Devaluation and Thievery

The dollar is losing value. I know most people don't even have a clue about what this means, but they're being what only can be described as "robbed", and their own government is part of the scheme.

The government spends more money than they have? They print some more. It's like adding water to milk. There's a point where there is a lot of water and no milk, which eventually leads to a point there is a complete loss of faith with the milk supplier. At that point, the ability to trade may end due to a lack of confidence. If it's a currency, the final outcome may mean a collapse of the economy of an entire nation, if not most of the world.

Economists can dazzle with charts, trends and projections, but the root cause of this thievery is greed and unbridled power. The effect is that no matter how much anyone makes, their wealth is constantly being eroded by the devaluation of the dollar, which makes times like today even worse. Not only are raises being frozen, the lack of extra money to offset the loss of spending power means people are losing every day. If you don't believe me, look at the price of food, gasoline, electricity and services. Do a little thinking and remember what you paid as little as four years ago. Don't think too long, you'll realize how irritated you are and want to choke the first politician you see today.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know what percentage of people don't even have clue on how money is squandered and manipulated, but it's too damn many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've always wondered why it's okay for the government to deliberately spend money they don't have and make worthless money, but if the private citizens do it's considered illegal. Oh, wait, silly me! I forgot, do as I say not as I do. Pay no attention to the man behind the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the price of food and fuel isn't going up. The dollar is going down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dollar is only a dollar by faith. Without something intrinsic to base the value, the whims and dynamics of the traders change the value - as long as there is some belief there is a value.

    ReplyDelete