In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Something That Caught My Attention

Robins are more of a migratory bird where I live. Few stay and it's usually rare to see any after the Spring migration.

I was at my mother's house, when I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye. Turning, I saw a Robin feeding two indignant and hungry hatchlings. Within moments of feeding the tiny birds, she was gone after another meal.

After a few minutes, she returned to feed and quickly settled in for a short rest. Creeping up slowly, I came as close as I dared and snapped a photo.


The nest is resting on top of the bricks by the front window. I'm surprised I didn't notice it, but don't remember seeing it when I sprayed the house for insects earlier in the season.

2 comments:

  1. Remember not to get mad when there's long white streaks going down the bricks in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. I can always clean bricks, but the opportunity to watch such things are few in life.

    When it's time for them to learn to fly, their luck will be short at best. There's no lower limbs to land on, so the trip to the ground may be their last.

    If I'm there at that time, I'll relocate the young birds to a bush, or a tree, to increase their chances of survival.

    ReplyDelete