In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, May 11, 2012

When You Cook the Books...

...somebody gets burned.

Due to the labor statistics for unemployment, which are subject to strange counting procedures and not reflect the exact number of people unemployed, the "good" news has generated the removal of 20 extended weeks of unemployment insurance for certain states. Otherwise, if someone has collected their 79 weeks of unemployment insurance, their money is cut off this weekend.

For those of you that truly need the money, I feel sorry for you. For those that have rode the system for way too long, it looks like cruel reality will come knocking this weekend. For Obama, this will not reflect well at all, especially after his comment about forgetting how bad the recession actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment