In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Catalogs, Perfume, and Flatulence

After going for the mail, the wife and I drove home, while she perused a catalog. As we drove, I noticed a scent, which I started to say something about, but didn't want to embarrass my wife.

My wife commented on the terrible perfume samples in the catalog, and held up one of scents for my opinion. It smelled like perfume, but as she held the catalog closer, I realized what I thought was some flatulence was the odor of the paper in the catalog.

I commented to my wife about my discovery, which embarrassed her a little anyway, since speaking of such things isn't her favorite topic.  She rolled the catalog up, and place it behind my seat. I responded by thanking for throwing it behind MY seat.

She laughed, I laughed, and we made our way home, where the offending catalog was placed in the proper container.


No comments:

Post a Comment