In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, September 23, 2024

I'm Impressed

My wife loves quilt stores. I like them, too, but not like she does. I get more out of watching her examine the different fabrics. She's like a child in a candy store, and while she browses the inventory, she's thinking what she can make. Her current quilt, which she finally finished yesterday, was something a little outside of her box, but she had a compulsion and followed the urge. 




I'm holding it up in the first photo. The finished dimensions are about 5 ft. by 6 ft. The photos really don't completely capture the brilliance of the colors, but are close. The fabric between the panels, due to the pattern, give the appearance the borders are not straight, although the pieces of fabric are all cut straight. 

I'm impressed, and while she can critique the quilt, I know it's her expert eye finding things the majority of people would miss. I think it's one of the most beautiful things she ever created and I'm proud of her creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment