In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Monday, September 9, 2024

Sliding to the East

 On Saturday, when the tropical system in the Gulf was first being modeled, we were nearly dead center of the cone. Yesterday, the cone was slipping to the east, and we were on the left side of the cone. Today, we're out of the cone, and the newest forecast track of the center is somewhere near Vermillion Bay in Louisiana. That's good news for us, but New Orleans will be on the dirty side of the storm; whatever it does. It may be a hurricane, but some forecast are saying it will be only a tropical storm at landfall. Either way, there will be a surge, lots of rain on the east side of the center, and those on the coast will see some type of storm surge. Hopefully, it moves fast, and the damage is minimal compared to a storm that sits on the coast.

6 comments:

  1. Farther west would be okay, we need the rain up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What surprised me was a report that stated the hurricane will give some dry places in Louisiana, and Mississippi some needed rain. I had the impression they had too much during recent times and the rain would be far from a relief.

      Delete
  2. Well it's a good thing Darth Cheney doesn't have his hurricane weather machine to steer it directly into N'awlins again.
    Buthe doesn't h8 blacks any more because he's all in for Que Mala.
    ...Or sumpin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Orleans will be on the dirty side of the storm, and could get some heavy rain. Whether they can pump it out is the big question. If I lived there, I'd be taking a short vacation.

      Delete
  3. Yep, but wet is better than chasing your house down the road...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. After sitting through Ike, I decided it's easier to drive away for even as much as a few hours, instead of sitting through the worst of a hurricane. Two hours east, or west, and the worst passes by.

      Delete