In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Arthritis

Age is bringing arthritis to my hands. It's not debilitating, but it can add a nagging ache to my finger joints after a long day of using my hands.  It's part of the aging process; especially for someone like me. I've spent a substantial portion of my life having to grip things tightly, such as finishing concrete, or driving nails.

We wear out. Like old cars, something grinds against something else, until the wear causes damage.

Getting old is not for sissies.

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I'm having similar problems with my fingers and hands (particularly the right), and I'm only in my mid 40's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have carpal tunnel problems with both hands. On some days, especially during the winter, I'll wake with the strange numbness and extreme pain the syndrome causes. I'll make a note to not be a dumbass and wear the wrist supports.

      Delete
  2. When I was young, I played the guitar and thought how awful it would be if I couldn't.

    Fast forward to broken fingers from forcing an electric drill into a knothole, injuries from a job I loved, arthritis on all of these injuries as well as my hip....and that guitar has been in my closet for 10 years. $hit happens and picks up speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played the piano the other day. Besides the memory loss, my fingers acted like I'd duct taped claw hammers to my hands.

      Oh well.

      Delete