In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

When Life Kicks Your Butt

I won't go into the details, but life has kicked my butt a few times; ranging from losing my mother right after birth, alcoholic relatives, a house fire when I was young, hurricanes and dealing with things that leave you wondering if you pissed off God.

I learned something during the process, although it was later in my life: Your entire world is shaped by your attitude.

That appears simple, but finding trinkets of hope in the piles of crap can be a daunting experience. It requires soul searching, the willingness to persevere and the knowledge you might find a boot in your ribs when you're down.

So, this post has nothing really important to relate, except we have only the few seconds we call "now". Everything else is a memory or an almost intangible hope for a reality that is impossible to reach - until it arrives.

The smallest thing to do is smile. Try it for a moment. That moment is yours, the smile is your tiny refuge and it gives you the power to change your destiny.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. On my worse days, I had something to be thankful for. Although my appreciation might not appear until later, it was there.

      Delete
  2. Heard this recently from a wise leader of our church:
    "...Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward."

    ReplyDelete