In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

OMG, the BS is a BFD

During a short telephone conversation yesterday, the person on the other end didn't say "oh my God", they said OMG. I was amazed. Texting, Facebooking and other social network abbreviations are permeating our conversation. While this is probably an ever day occurrence for many, it was a first for me and I didn't like it. If someone is so busy they can't say three short words (and nobody is that busy) they need to find some relief.

6 comments:

  1. I just hate hearing someone say hashtag. A lot of the commercials are doing it. Really irritating.

    On a funny note, when my frets niece was about five, she used to say Oh My MOG. Now that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to read great nieces. She doesn't fret much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about context (and of course some folks still dislike contractions ;-)
    To some of us the acronym OMG used to mean Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit. Jeffro jerked my answer out from under me.

    ReplyDelete