In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

While Driving Today

Today, I had a small car wander into my lane, a pickup try to change lanes, while I was next to it,was stopped by an over-sized load halted by a highway sign and forced to stop so traffic could clear because someone decided to visit a friend, while leaving the back of their car in traffic.

I see a lot of things while driving, but it's a rare day, when so many possible calamities are presented on a single day.

I don't think I'll get back out this evening. Something tells me I need to stay in.

2 comments:

  1. I've lost count of the number of times I have seen someone - almost always an elderly man - stop to pull out of an intersection, parking lot or driveway entrance etc., and have the first few feet of their front end out in the traffic lane. Usually, this causes traffic to slow down and bunch up at that point making it even harder for the offender to pull out. However, on two occasions, I saw it actually cause a wreck. Once when a car sideswiped the car on the left while swerving to avoid hitting the offender, and another when a loaded dump truck removed the front end of the offenders Crown Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't encounter that many bad drivers during one day, so I was determined to avoid any more driving that evening.

    I'm blaming it on the Thanksgiving holiday, when people that shouldn't drive climb from under their rocks.

    ReplyDelete