In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, April 27, 2012

It's Good Work, If You Can Get It

I was digesting an interesting, if not appalling bit of information: The President has taken a total of 78 days of vacation in the last three years. That's only about 4 weeks per year, with a 747, full security compliment, staff, expanded military presence and his family, with their staff and full security compliment. I'd say that's not bad for a C.E.O that's allowed nearly 5 trillion dollars of new debt, allowed his administrator to harass the people that will pay this debt and pushes for solutions that only increase the debt.

What else can I add? Oh yeah, the Attorney General could end up with Congressional charges for contempt; the GSA has misused substantial amounts of taxpayer funds; the Secret Service has been tarnished by a scandal that shows a terrible lack of ethics and self-control; the military is being abused for politics; and over half the states are involved with litigation with the United States; mostly for economic and state's rights issues.

So, who's in charge? We are. Regardless of all the hype the ultimate control of this country rests with the citizens. It's only as bad as we allow it to be. I've had enough, and I don't think I'm alone.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know about you, but I had enough January 21, 2009.

    ReplyDelete