In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Friday, January 25, 2013

Let's Do Some Math

We'll take 7 million and divide it by 14% of 50,000

7,000,000/(.14*50,000)= 1000

Now, what is the significance of this problem? I'll explain:

President Obama spent $7,000,000 of taxpayer money for his Christmas vacation to Hawaii. This equals to the paid taxes of 1000 workers, or families that made $50,000 and paid a federal income tax rate of 14%. That's an entire year of labor and nothing to show for it, except for the President to fly to Hawaii to play some golf and dick around for a few days.

Seven million is a drop in the bucket of government waste, so the number of people that have to work all year to pay for this waste is substantially higher.

I don't know about you, but these types of things infuriate me. The arrogance and condescension is intolerable. Write your congress critter and let them know. I do, and I'm not polite. 

2 comments:

  1. I see the Egyptians rising up against Morsi and I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've read, the crowd in front of the Supreme Court today was in the hundreds of thousands. A simple truthful report by the media would have placed the event in proportion. Unfortunately, they were more worried about whether Taylor Swift had a boob job.

    ReplyDelete