In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spambots

They're out there. Constantly probing, looking for information and attempting to lure you to a website so post counts can go up, or do the same to search engines so the website is more likely to be one of the first hits on a search.

It's insidious. The software to launch spambots creates another software need to fight the spambots, which leads to better spambots, which leads to better software to fight the spambots........it goes on forever.

Meanwhile, I get hits from spambots, which makes my traffic increase, but I'd rather have real people read my blog. I don't do this for money. Maybe I should. Spambots work cheap and they sure are tireless.

No comments:

Post a Comment