In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Sunday, January 27, 2013

What If They Don't Show Up?

I never thought about such a thing, until I moved to a rural area. I've had a few times where I had to call the sheriff's department, or a game warden and the time it took for them to arrive made me think thoughts like the title of my post.

That's why you keep a gun - shotgun preferably for protection in the home - know how to use it and keep it ready for when a drunk stranger beats on your house in the middle of the night and refuses to leave, until you go help them pull their car from a ditch. Their attitude changes completely when they hear the sound of a shell being chambered in a shotgun and you know they have little chance of causing you harm if they decide not to go, or break into your home.

That's what the second amendment is about, beside the fact it might be your only hope when government employees lose sight of liberty and become pawns to a rogue administration. Good people respect those that are willing to defend themselves. Bad people don't and are criminals, whether by nature or following illegal government edicts.

4 comments:

  1. There is NOTHING more awe inspiring than hearing a shell being chambered into a shotgun. I wish I had it on my burglar alarm instead of a siren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy wouldn't go away. I told him to leave; he stumbled around and argued, until he heard the shell hit the chamber.

    ReplyDelete