In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Diplomacy and Condiments

John Kerry is the new Secretary of State, which means he's at the top of the list for replacement of the President if things really get out of hand.

I don't like John Kerry. He's a career politician and, as far as I can see, is in it for the power and money. Even worse, he's supposed to be the biggest ambassador for the U.S. and I don't feel he's even close to being an example of the majority of the citizens in this country. That's bad. His views are from a lifetime of wealth, which doesn't coincide with the experience of most people that make this country work. His thoughts, and actions, will not be for something he doesn't understand and his being in a position of representation will lead foreign leaders, with a life of hardship, to not respect someone that had few moments where daily survival was a constant reminder of how tenuous life can be.

Personally, I don't think this will end well. At a time when the U.S. needs to be respected, we've sent another person to be derided and insulted. The perception will be that the U.S. is weak, and the perception will be accurate. Our politicians, and bureaucrats,  have given up what makes this country great for a pittance and a life in a place that is destined to be changed by an unhappy citizenry. While they clamber for something that only exists by the will of the people, the people they ignore are becoming more angry.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's a good description, yet he supposedly represents all that's good and bad about the United States. He's an arrogant twit that has nothing but political ambition and money on his mind. It's embarrassing to think he's what Washington came up with.

      Delete