In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Liberty, Freedom and It's None of Your Damn Business

Liberty means I have freedom and I'm free from you. You can do what you want, as long as it doesn't directly affect my freedom from being involved with whatever that is.

Do you like loud music? Do you like playing it so loud your ears ring? Good, but I may not want to hear it. You have the freedom to do so, but you need to build a sound proof room and avoid interrupting my thoughts at a traffic light.

Do you like to say things that other people find objectionable? Good, as long as you don't say them where I don't have to hear them, or demand I allow you to say them in places where it's not appropriate. Otherwise, if you want to chant profanities to a deity that breathes fire, go ahead, but don't interrupt the Sunday service at the Methodist church by wearing a strange costume and shouting at the top of your lungs.


Do you think people should pay more taxes so social programs? Good, but I don't and your demand that I should affects my liberty. I pay too much in taxes and there are too many people that slush money from public coffers that have no right to do so.


Do you want to own a firearm? Good. That's a right and usually necessary, but if you like to train your dog at 6:00 am, do so away from my house, so I can sleep a little longer.

Do I own a firearm? That's none of your damn business, and if I do, why do you want to know?

So, if you don't like liberty, go soak your head. Your ignorance is yours alone and I shouldn't have to change my life to accommodate your ignorance.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many of the problems in the world would disappear if everyone just left everyone else alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete