In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Almost Seven Decades

That's how long it's been since thousands of brave souls started the campaign to liberate a continent from the tyranny of a cruel government with only conquest and subjugation as its goal. Many were U.S. soldiers that spent their last moments in a strange land, on a strange beach surrounded by what can only be described as horrific.

Nothing I write will change this day, or honor them for what they accomplished. May this nation never forget their sacrifice or the reason for D-Day.

1 comment:

  1. And I had just blogged about the seventieth anniversary of the Battle of Midway a few days ago, only to neglect this arguably even more well-known milestone of WWII. Shame on me.

    And God bless our armed forces, which have kept this country free for so many years.

    ReplyDelete