In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Question is: Why?

According to research by the Pew Research Center, Christians are the most oppressed of religious groups.

I don't need to ask why. Christians are an easy target, since they don't bomb innocent people, or cut-off the heads of non-believers. Otherwise, most don't fear them.

Christianity is a religion of peace and tolerance, but like any religion, there are those that perverted the message and use it as an excuse for something far beyond the teachings of Christ. Those are few and far between and any persecution at this point in time is based on fear, a willingness to adopt cruelty as a measure of power and an unwillingness to allow religious freedom

Where does this all end up? People may be Christians, but they're still people. While Jesus said to turn the other cheek, he never said what to do when they strike again. My thinking is that most won't continue to be bullied, or terrorized. Since Christians outnumber all other religious groups, the outcome may not be pretty.

2 comments: