In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Corrupted Journalism

I Googled "journalism societies". There are many, yet journalism is slipping daily into the quagmire of disrespected professions. There are even noble codes of ethics with these societies, but without any method for punishing journalists for unethical practices, it's just words on a sheet of paper.

I don't know a solution to improving the perception of journalists, but I do know it will never improve without those in the profession condemning those without integrity, and public disbarring of those members from their society that fail to follow the mandates of good journalism.

One thing I did note in my little research is a feeling the First Amendment is under attack. It's not, unless you categorize the fabrication of "facts", misleading reports, and outright personal attacks by journalists as an attack. Freedom of the press doesn't include character assassination, the deliberate presenting of lies, or sedition.

2 comments:

  1. When I was a child, I used to confuse the terms fourth estate and fifth column. Now they are the same.

    ReplyDelete