In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Airline Rep Goes To the Fast Food Restaurant

AR: "I want a large hamburger, with fries, and a medium drink.

Clerk: "That will be $7.45"

After giving change, the clerk hands the rep a small cup,

AR:  "I paid for a medium drink"

Clerk: " I know, but we gave another customer your cup."

AR:  "That's not right."

Clerk: "I'm sorry, but that's all the cups we had, and the other customers ordered medium drinks, so we gave them your cup. That, and we're out of large buns, so we're giving you a small bun"

AR: "Look, I paid a large hamburger, and a medium drink. If you didn't have either, you shouldn't have taken my money as though you did."

Clerk:  "'I'm sorry, but we never know exactly how many people will order large hamburgers, with medium drinks, so to handle the problem, we sell too many, even though we don't have the items."

AR: "That makes no sense at all."

Clerk: "If you think that doesn't make sense, you should try booking a flight on an airline."

No comments:

Post a Comment