In Case You've Wondered

My blog is where my wandering thoughts are interspersed with stuff I made up. So, if while reading you find yourself confused about the context, don't feel alone. I get confused, too.

If you're here for the stories, I started another blog: scratchingforchange.blogspot.com

One other thing: sometimes I write words you refuse to use in front of children, or polite company, unless you have a flat tire, or hit your thumb with a hammer.

I don't use them to offend; I use them to embellish.

jescordwaineratgmail.com

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Considering the actions by some administrative branches of the government, this amendment is something they don't like, and ignore. To make matters worse, the media ("press", when this was written) has abandoned this precious right to fall into lock-step with political figures that don't want dissension and use their power in an effort to remove this right. 

I don't know about you, but I feel betrayed by the media and our government. They've abandoned what was  so important, people gave everything - including their lives - to secure this right. May the future hold a realization by both of their errors, a strong push for cherishing these rights and a feeling of relief they never allowed their dereliction to reach the conclusion that created the right in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment